Saturday, April 24, 2010

My brand new D3000

I've been an enthusiastic photographer for about 35 years, but while our family have been growing up, my photography was basically of the snapshot variety.  Then my daughter bought herself a Nikon D40x, and asked me to teach her to use it, and this rekindled my passion for photography as an art.  I then got to use her camera for 9 months while she was living overseas, and this gave me the chance to really get hooked again.  I became quite glum at the prospect of having to give it back, and started entering competitions to try and win a camera of my own.  There was no way I could justify the expense of buying one, and I never won any of the competitions, so imagine my surprise and delight, when for my birthday, I found they had all clubbed together and bought me a Nikon D3000 with 18-55 and 55-200 lenses.  I was speechless, and couldn't avoid shedding a tear.

So, that was last weekend.  I took a couple of very shaky shots on the night, but hosting duty meant that much as I would have loved to spend all evening playing, I had to put it away and tend to my guests.  It was Thursday before I finally took it out for its first outing.

My intention with this blog, is to record my thoughts about photography, to talk about my outings with the camera, show a few of my photos, and perhaps even do a few 'how-to' articles on various subjects.

I am a member of the Digital Photography School forum community, and you can see some of my previous photos there, from both my daughter's D40x, and also my little Fuji FinePix F20 point and shoot (and obviously from my D3000 from this point on).

So, introductions over... let's get down to some actual photography.

No comments:

Post a Comment